To Our Beloved Patients:
I am reaching out to each of you with love and gratitude because I am blessed that you are part of my life. During this crazy time, I want you to know that you are in my prayers daily. Our current situation is like a giant reset button, and we have been gifted with this time to reflect on life. I know I’ve been doing just that myself.
I believe these are the “best of times and worst of times.” We can choose to focus on either the blessings or the brokenness. I choose blessings, and you are a special blessing to my amazing staff and me. It’s a privilege to serve you and be a small part of your life.
I’m amazed at the fearmongering and negativity going on in the media. We are exposed to deadly viruses, bacteria, and mold all day, every day. If we have a strong immune system, it destroys them before they can hurt us. Sadly, the public at large doesn’t know how to strengthen their immune system.
So, what are some cheap, free, and easy things we can do to build health? Glad you asked!
- Ditch the fear; it’s killing you! Start intentionally focusing on gratitude, it has the highest life-giving frequency of life, whereas fear and anxiety are very low frequencies that suppress the immune system.
- Engage in your favorite stress releasing techniques. These may include dancing, singing, laughing, coloring, Emotional Freedom Techniques (EFT), Laughter Yoga, HeartMath®, and many others.
- Avoid processed sugar like the plague; it decreases the effectiveness of the immune system by 50% for up to 8 hours. Replace sugar with life-giving fresh fruit that is loaded with vitamin C, and all kinds of phytonutrients that build health.
- Drink half your body weight in ounces of purified water. For example, if you weigh 120 lbs., then half of that is 60 ounces of water. You can infuse your water with herbal tea or even fresh fruit, cucumbers, mint leaves, and other items to improve the flavor. You can also add a pinch of baking soda to make it more alkaline, which promotes healthy cells.
- Eight hours of sleep at night will allow your body to heal and restore itself. Avoid screen time (TV, computer, phone) for at least an hour or so before bedtime. The light from our screens interferes with our quality of sleep. Reading, journaling, prayer, and meditation can improve restorative sleep.
- Contrast hydrotherapy is a fancy term for a simple process. Get in the shower and stand in SAFELY hot water for 5 minutes, then turn the water to cold for 30 seconds. Repeat the process three times in a row, then get dried off and go to bed to rest. Contrast hydrotherapy stimulates the lymphatic system, which is an integral part of the immune system.
- Walk, stretch, move your body gently, and breathe deeply. Movement is essential for a healthy immune system.
- Earthing/grounding is standing, sitting, or lying on the ground barefoot, connecting with the earth. Human bodies resonate optimally at 7.8 Hz, which is also the frequency of the earth. Spending 15-30 minutes a day outside, soaking up the sunshine, and connecting to the earth to receive life-enhancing frequencies is a win-win. I like to take that time to thank God for His amazing, beautiful creation that is full of wonder and delight. He always loves to hear from us, so it’s a perfect time.
- Eat life-giving nutrient-dense food, especially fruits and veggies. Take time to chew every portion thoroughly and taste each bite. You can make even the simplest meal a feast celebrated with gratitude.
- Eat garlic and ginger. They are nature’s answers to killing off viruses and bacteria.
- Supplements can provide extra protection. Some powerful favorites are Vitamin C (preferably buffered, in combination with flavonoids, and at least 3-6 grams per day), Vitamin D3, Elderberry syrup, Goldenseal, Chaga, Cordyceps, Echinacea, Probiotics, and many more.
The bottom line is we are all going to get through this time of crazy in our lives. We at the Healing Center and Affordable Acupuncture are here for you. If there is anything we can do to serve you, please let us know, we always love to hear from you.
Love and Blessings to each of you.
Joan Massey LAc/DOM, and Staff